I have the vivid memory of walking back down the aisle with Keith, and hugging each other around the corner, before our bridal party and families joined us, and having this intense fear of ohmygodIcan'tbelievewejustdidthatandwhathavewegottenourselvesinto??? I felt so much love it overwhelmed me -- this incredible feeling of knowing that the love I felt wouldn't even compare to how we would feel years down the road, after ups and downs and life together.
And that's how I feel now.
I'm sure there will be times where Liam will frustrate and infuriate and worry me to death. And many more times that I will love him so much it hurts, when I kiss and hug him for hours on end, and feel so much pride I might burst. I can't even imagine what the future holds.
But for right now, I have a 9 week old. And he's pretty amazing. Here's two pictures to show how much he's grown. I can hardly believe it . . .
|Liam at 1 week|
|Liam at 9 weeks|
So here are some more things I've learned in the last few weeks:
- A purse is redundant when you can just throw your wallet and keys in the diaper bag.
- I'm sure all hospital visits are scary, but they're really scary at 7 weeks old.
- Sitting in traffic with a hungry baby is NO FUN. Seriously.
- There will always be some study or research to back up what you think is right, and then another one (or five!) that oppose it.
- It is perfectly acceptable for both mom and baby to stay in our pajamas some days.
- Boys start young -- this child can burp, fart, and snore like an old man!
- Online shopping is a mommy's best friend!
- Seeing a baby's smile first thing in the morning makes everything better (I'm going to get a video of him waking up one of these days -- priceless!)
And now it's PICTURE TIME! Here are some "outtakes" from Liam's 2 month pictures:
And other pictures from Liam lately:
|Hangin' with dad|
|He loves his Mama|
|Helping mom with the laundry : )|
|About to head out on a cool, fall day|
|Can you tell I love this bib??|
And here's a couple videos of him lately (check out the chubby legs in the bath!!)