Monday, January 21, 2013

Surprise!


After our weekend in Prague we had a pretty low-key week, but I was really looking forward to a fun weekend. On my actual birthday I was suprised with flowers from my parents and from Keith -- all beautiful that Liam LOVED to smell all week!




Friday began with an evening of shopping and dinner with a few of my best girlfriends! We headed to the City Centrum  and walked around the mall and square a bit, finding some good deals at H&M. We then made our way back to Mangiare, a yummy Italian place behind the Centrum. We had a caprese salad as an app, and then I had a huge calzone that was to die. After dinner we ordered dessert and the waiter brought mine with a huge flaming candle! I could not stop laughing! It definitely looked like a firework was going off . . .


After dinner we found an awesome bookstore on the same street that had tons of children's books -- under normal circumstances this may not sound odd, but we were so happy to find that they had a great selection of books in ENGLISH. I definitely spent way too much money on books for Liam, including some to take on the airplane to Atlanta. I know I would be in trouble if I had access to a Barnes & Noble!

On Saturday we did a small Thanksgiving dinner with friends since we missed the North American Women's Club Thanksgiving lunch while we were in Prague. It was great to have turkey, potatoes, green beans, stuffing, and all the other fixings -- Thanksgiving is one holiday I definitely miss living here, so it felt nice to celebrate with friends.

On Sunday we planned to take Liam to the International School to see Santa and visit the Winter Fair there. Keith decided at the last minute to stay home and get some work done, so I took Liam to go meet Lindsey, Josh, and Jackson. After being there for about an hour (and watching Liam cry if he got too close to Santa!), we headed back to the house. I walk in the front door and much to my surprise . . .

getting ready for me to walk through the door!



SURPRISE! Keith had organized a surprise party for my 30th Birthday and I could not have been more shocked! Many of our friends were here and luckily Keith enlisted the help of my girlfriends to pull it all together! He even had Meredith make birthday cupcakes, which you know I love her cakes! Keith told her my favorite color is green so she did chocolate cupcakes with a mint cream icing -- they tasted like Andes mints! Oh my word they were amazing!




I still can't believe that he pulled off such a great surprise -- I should have known considering a threw him a surprise 30th birthday party several years back, but I had no clue! It definitely made my birthday feel amazing, and I am so happy to be 30 years old and be where I am at in life . . . an incredible husband, the best son, traveling the world, and loving every day! I feel beyond blessed and hope every year is as great as 30 feels! :)

~Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment