Monday, January 21, 2013

Liam lately . . . (16 months)


Liam turned 16 months old while we were in Georgia for Christmas, and it's amazing the things he was doing while we were there. I know I say it every month, but it is SO cool to watch him grow and learn new things!


At a playground by the Charles Bridge in Prague
Old Town, Prague
I have no clue as to Liam's official stats, and probably won't until his 18 month check-up. All I can tell you is that he is growing and is a big boy! 


Our friend Kelly gave Liam a life-size Elmo that he LOVES!
Liam is wearing 12-18 month, 18 month, and some 18-24 month stuff. Basically he always wears a little bigger on top because he has a long torso and shorter legs (like his Mom and Dad!). He wears size 22 shoe (or size 5 in the States), and is in size 5 diapers. 

smelling Mommy's birthday flowers
This month was a big month for Liam in regards to his teeth . . . he started out with seven and ended with seventeen! I knew something was up when he didn't sleep well AT ALL for two nights in a row --like Keith and I had him out of bed, tried rocking him, giving him medicine, and nothing helped. It was absolutely pitiful. And then at the end of the second day I discovered FOUR new teeth, including a molar. The poor guy was teething so bad, and it lasted the rest of the month as six more teeth came in! I guess it's better that they came in at once, but it's still never fun. :(

Liam was sick this day and fell asleep in my lap -- pitiful, but oh so sweet
Liam is a decent eater, and has discovered some new favorites snacks like string cheese or cheddar sticks, goldfish, and he is obsessed with grapes! His breakfast is usually his biggest meal of the day and he will eat two eggs, or a bowl of oatmeal and a banana, or a pancakes with some fruit . . . the boy loves breakfast! 

Liam and Abby riding to a play date together!

on the plane headed to Georgia!
Liam's sleep stayed the same for the first part of the month, but then when we got to Georgia it was pretty much downhill from there -- he never fully adjusted to a good sleeping schedule while we stayed at my parents house, and that made for a really rough month. Every night he would sleep from 8 pm until sometime between 1-3 am, at which point he would wake up and we couldn't get him back to sleep until we brought him into bed with us. So there were basically about four or five nights out of thirty that Keith and I slept all night alone. Wow. He napped about an hour and a half each afternoon, and that stayed pretty consistent which was good. 

Liam "working" with Mimi's keyboard
running at Casey's house
As of last month Liam was saying about fifteen words, and I can add several this month: Mimi, Pop Pop, "mo" (more), football, touchdown, cheese, santa, "wawa" (water), "ease" (please), and he also started saying "yesh" for yes, like his cousin Bailey. It is amazing to see how much he communicates with us and answers questions! He had my parents cracking up because they could ask him all kinds of questions and he would answer yes/no questions, but if it wasn't a yes/no question, he would say "huh?" All day long we could do this:

"Liam, did you eat a sandwich for lunch?"
"Yeah"
"Was it good?"
"Yeah"
"Did you have milk too?"
"Yesh" 
"How many grapes did you have?"
"Huh?"

All. day. long. We could not trip him up!

hanging out in Mimi and Pop Pop's yard
Liam is still signing a lot, and I find myself having to look up more and more signs because I can tell he is wanting to learn them! The latest ones I had to learn were motorcycle, leaf, and giraffe. Poor thing will probably talk with his hands like his Mama! Now, however, he is also saying words with the signs -- so if he wants more, he does the sign for more while saying "Mo! Mo!" or he will sign please while saying "ease!" It's precious to watch! :)

watching Mason play a video game -- they are best buds :)
I am so glad we got to spend part of this month with his family in Georgia and Alabama. I love that they got to be witness to all he is doing and learning! He is one amazing little boy and I couldn't be more proud to be his Mom. He makes me want to be better, and as soft as I was before, forget it now! Every thing I see or do reminds me of him or being a parent -- he has forever changed my life for the better and I am so grateful to God for this blessing. I love you, little man!

~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment