Friday, June 15, 2012

. . . Liam lately (10 months)

I feel like I JUST did his 9 month update and here we are again! Not too much has changed since his last update, but I'll fill you in anyway . . .

I don't have an update on his weight and height because our next consultatiebureau isn't for a while. Liam is still in 12 and 18 month clothing and is wearing size 20 shoe (not sure what that is in American sizes?). He's still in size 4 diapers as well. Lucky for us his Gram Gram bought him some new pj's so I think Liam is set for the rest of the summer! Liam has grown a lot more hair in recent months and so far it's pretty blonde. His dad and I both had blonde hair as babies, so that's no surprise, though I'm sure it will get darker through the years. His eyes are still blue, which I love, but they definitely change color depending on what he's wearing, and even time of day -- if he's just waking up or is tired they are more grey, but if he's wide awake and alert they are super blue. Pretty funny!



Liam's eating is pretty much the same . . . he breastfeeds four times a day, around 8:30 am, 12:30 pm, 4:30 pm, and 8:30 pm. He eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and an occasional snack during the day. Right now I am feeding Liam a mixture of homemade foods and store bought foods, along with some "whole foods" to keep him entertained before or after his meals. He has been eating plenty of fruits and veggies and snacks cut up into chunks while I heat his food or unload the dishwasher or eat a sandwich myself!  Liam now has 5 teeth (bottom two, top two, and his top left incisor), and is working on his 6th (also on top). He's been doing ok with these last two, but I can definitely tell that the top are worse coming in than the bottom. Other moms have told me that their kids went through the same thing, so Liam's in good company. : )



Liam is still sleeping great, though we've moved his bedtime up to a little earlier. He is now going down about 8:30 every night and waking between 8 and 9 every morning. He is still napping twice a day, usually between 30 minutes to an hour each time.

At this point he was done with the chair and wanted to hop out!

As far as walking goes, Liam is much more comfortable walking between furniture (while holding on) and standing alone, but no solo steps have been attempted yet. I'll keep you posted! We are also working on clapping and blowing kisses, but he doesn't have those down yet. He is beginning to point to things, mainly birds right now, and it's so cute!


What he does have down is waving hello and good bye, and he has even done his first sign (although waving is considered a sign)! I have done a few signs with Liam over the last few months, including "all done," "more," "dog," "bird," "bath," "eat," "dirty diaper," etc. Well, lately Liam has been shaking his hand or arm at the end of meals, but I wasn't sure if he was signing "all done" or not. But then I was wrapping Keith's Father's Day gift and I said, "Mommy's all done!" and Liam shook his hand at me! He also will say "da" or "duh"and wave his hand when I ask if he's all done with his meal. Sometimes if I ask if he wants more he won't sign "more," but will say the "m" sound or "muh". He is also saying "Da," "Dad," and "Dat" for Keith, and "Ma," and "Mom" for me. SO cute! It's amazing how much he is starting to communicate with us! : )


One of Liam's favorite things to do is go outside and look for birds right now. If I ask where the birds are he will immediately look towards the windows or crawl to one to look outside. He loves to look into the trees in our backyard and he will often spot one before I do! He will start to squeal and say "Buh! Buh!" I know there is definitely nothing wrong with his sight (for the time being -- he's doomed by his glasses-wearing parents).

And at the end he makes his way to me, like, "Are we done with the pictures Mom?"

I'm just in awe of him on a daily basis. He is so much fun and surprises me all the time with what he's learning and able to do. His Dad and I are so in love with this sweet boy as he blesses our lives each and every day.

We love you Buddy!
~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment