Wednesday, August 22, 2012

. . . fun with friends


Ten days before we left for Georgia we found out Liam had hand, foot, and mouth disease. Very lucky for him (and us), he had an extremely mild case, and was totally fine by the time we flew. However, since my sister-in-law is pregnant we had to be extra careful to ensure she didn't catch it, so we didn't stay at my parents house that first week in Georgia. Instead we spent a few nights at one of my best friend's house, and then drove to Alabama for the weekend to spend time with my mother-in-law. 

When we got to Jane's that night we let Liam play for a few minutes before putting him to bed, crossing our fingers that he would sleep all night. Then Jane and I cracked open a bottle (or two?) of Prosecco and got to catch up while eating chocolate covered pomegranates (ummmm, seriously one of the best things I've put in my mouth!). 
The next day Liam and I got several different visitors, and it was AWESOME to catch up with some of my closest friends! Here's a few pictures of Liam and sweet Josclyn playing . . .




We also went by the elementary school where I taught and got to see more friends -- and Liam showed off his new walking skills! He had been taking steps here and there, but only four and five at a time. But while in the hallway at school he watched a friend's little daughter walk up and down the hall, so all of the sudden he did too! He figured he could do that too, and we were all so excited! 



One big perk of staying at Jane's was that her son Mason and Liam get along so well and love playing together! I loved watching Mason take care of Liam and boy can they make each other laugh! Mason has a new puppy, Bree, and Liam LOVED her (and Bree loved that Liam drops food when he eats!).

It was a great few days, and so much nicer to spend quality time with a friend rather than meeting at a restaurant once or twice during our visit to Georgia. It's also wonderful when a friend's home feels like your home! Thank you for your perfect hospitality, Jane, and I can't wait to do it again! Love you! : )

~Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment